This tutorial will teach you how to create a striking colored lines background with a colorful text effect using gradients and blending modes in Illustrator.
Program: Illustrator CS5
Estimated Completion Time: 30 Minutes
Steps to Follow:
1.Choose the Rectangle Tool from the toolbar and create a rectangle in the stage area.
2.Next, choose the Gradient Tool and double – click over the Gradient icon in the toolbar; the Gradient panel is displayed. Make sure that the gradient panel has 6 nodes added, each having a very hard shade of red, yellow, green, aqua, blue and purple color. Distribute the nodes as shown in Figure below.
3. Add this gradient as a Linear gradient to the rectangle, the rectangle will look as shown in Figure below.
4. Again, choose the Rectangle Tool and create a rectangle as shown in Figure below.
5.Next add a horizontal linear gradient to the rectangle such as in the gradient panel there are three nodes, as shown in Figure below,with black color applied on the outer nodes and white in the middle. Make multiple copies of this box as shown in the Figure below.
6. Select all these rectangles and press CTRL + g from the keyboard to group them together. Next, place this grouped object over the rectangle.
7.Choose Window > Transparency; the TRANSPARENCY panel is displayed. Select the grouped object and choose Color Dodge from the blending mode options, the colored bars will be reflected as shown in the Figure below.
8. Next choose the Text Tool from the toolbar. You can use any font to write the text, but here CURLZ MT, as shown in the Figure below.
9. Next, select the text and choose Object > Expand from the main menubar; the Expand dialog box is displayed. Choose OK to break apart/expand the text. This will help us to add gradient effect to the text.
10. Next, select the text and add the black, white, and black gradient to the text, as shown in Figure below.
11. Place the text over the vertical lines and set the blending mode option to Color Dodge for the text, to get the effect as shown in the Figure below.
12. Next, create a horizontal rectangle and add the same gradient as we applied to the text above. You can vary the positioning of the three black and white nodes to get a different effect on blending. Add the gradient, as shown in Figure below.
13. Make a inverse copy of this rectangle and place one copy on the top of our effect and another on the bottom. Set the blending mode option to Color Dodge for both the rectangles to get the effect as shown in Figure below.
14.You can add many components into it and apply your creativity and use the Color Dodge blending mode to get mind blowing effects.