Learn all about Joomla and its powerful features and check out some of the best Joomla website templates!
Joomla! The award-winning open source CMS
Joomla is an open source Content Management System (CMS) for publishing content on the web and intranets. Joomla uses Model-View-Controller (MVC) web application development architecture that can also be used independently. Many web hosts have Control Panels which allow you to install Joomla easily.
Powerful and popular the world over
Some of the world’s best-known enterprises are using Joomla for their websites – Ebay, Barnes & Noble, GE, Pizza Hut, Ikea, Harvard University, Orange, McDonalds, Sony, Holiday Inn, Citibank, among many others. Thousands of government and city sites in over 200 countries are using Joomla for their portals. Joomla links large communities of diverse users with simple,user friendly interface.
Joomla is written in PHP and uses object oriented programming techniques and software design patterns since version 1.6. The database used is MySQL. Since version 2.5, MSSQL is also supported. Joomla has other attractive features like page caching, RSS feeds, news flashes, blogs, polls, search and international language support.
Many aspects, including Joomla’s ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular website software available. Among them are:
* Powerful, user-friendly content management with Joomla’s simplified three-tiered system of articles and a WYSIWYG editor to edit images and content. Users may organise content in multiple ways, different from how it appears on the website. They can also rate content, save a pdf or email it. Built-in email cloaking protects email addresses from spambots. Administrators can archive content for safekeeping, hiding it from site visitors.
* User management and authentication
* Contact management
* Language management
* Media management
* Syndication and newsfeed management
* System features like page caching, granular level module caching, easy communication by administrators to users by private messaging or through mass mailing, debugging, error reporting and more.
* Multiple database support – Joomla offers support for MySQL and since Version2.5 it supports MSSQL too. For anyone deploying Joomla in multiplatform environments, this feature enhances Joomla’s scalability and saves time and money for organizations.
Joomla CMS Website Templates
Our Joomla CMS website templates in different Joomla versions ( 1.6, 1.7, 1.5), including the latest version 2.5, give you a wide choice of beautiful layouts which work well with the Joomla backend. These templates give you the tools and power to rapidly build business websites, directories, intranets, blogs, social networking sites, shopping carts and more.
Latest version: Joomla 2.5 WebsiteTemplates
Joomla can be used for building a wide variety of sites such as:
Corporate websites or portals
Corporate intranets and extranets
Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
E-commerce and online reservations
Small business websites
Non-profit and organizational websites
School and church websites
Joomla is designed easy to install and set up. Many web hosting services offer a single-click install, getting the site up and running quickly.
Since Joomla is easy to use, as a web designer or developer, you can quickly build sites for your clients using our Joomla templates. Once the template is customized and the Joomla site is set up, with a minimal amount of instruction, you can empower your clients to easily manage their sites themselves.
If you or your clients need specialized functionality, Joomla is highly extensible and thousands of extensions (most for free under the GPL license) are available in the Joomla Extensions Directory.
Many companies and organizations may have requirements that go beyond what is available in the Joomla package. In these cases, Joomla developers can create sophisticated add-ons that extend the power of Joomla into many possibilities, using Joomla’s powerful application framework.
The core Joomla framework enables Joomla application developers to build:
Inventory control systems
Data reporting tools
Custom product catalogs
Integrated e-commerce systems
Complex business directories
Since Joomla is based on PHP and MySQL, you can also build powerful applications on an open platform anyone can use, share, and support.
More Joomla CMS website templates – version 1.7, 1.6, 1.5
Like what you see here? Check out our latest Joomla templates. You may also be interested in our awesome Joomla Flash templates – professionally designed skins that combine the good looks and unique style of Flash with the power and user-friendliness of Joomla.